Monday 22 May 2017

Marta's Language Portfolio


For sure, there is not a better way to introduce me as a future english teacher than sharing with you my language portfolio in which you can know more about my relationship with languages.


Language biography:

My name is Marta Ruiz and I am twenty years old. I was born in Vila-real, a little city next to Castellón, where I spent all my childhood and adolescense. My parents were not born in the Valencian region so they always speak spanish at home, because my father and grandparents are from Jaén, in Andalucia, and my mother's family are from teruel, Aragón. So I speak Spanish as a target language.

I can also speak Valencian but I don't have the same competences as in Spanish because I only speak this language at school, but not with family nor with friends. And because of me not speaking Valencian at home, my parents have always wanted me to learn it at school.
Moreover, fortunately, I have had the opportunity of travelling to so many places where I could speak English with native speakers and communicate with people from some different countries. Also I have attending English courses in London and I have experienced two exchanges to Italy and Sweden, where I have spoken in English to communicate. With all of that I can say that English is very important in my life because it has given me a lot of opportunities that I haven't had if I didn't learnt it.


Nowadays, I could say that I am proud of all my language knowledges and experiences and I consider I am very lucky of having the chance to speak in three different languages, Spanish, Valencian, and English. And of course, I would like to, one day, be able of using the three of them for any kind of context and situation.

language dossier

I am a student of primary education in University of Valencia. Since the time I started coursing this degree I realised that a teacher should have good skills and competence in languages. So I decided to study Valencian to prepare myself to the “grau mitjà” of Valenciano of “la Junta Qualificadora”.

Also, it is important to have a good level in English, which I consider the language of the furure, the passport for everybody to communicate with people all over the world. When I was in the fourth grade of secondary education I get the certificate in the B1 level, which is also called “PET”. And, with nineteen years old, in my second year of the degree I decided to take the B2 level, called “FIRST”. Now, in my third year I am doing an English course in order to take the “ADVANCED” certificate, “C1”.


language passport

The FCE exam shows that a student has the language ability to carry out research, and communicate effectively.

All the skills required by Cambrige, implies having acquired a certain level in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
To consider I have acquired the necessary competences in the FCE ( First exam) I have to be able to understand the main ideas of a text dealing with both concrete and abstract topics. I also can produce clear and detailed texts on different subjects, as well as defend a point of view on general topics, indicating the pros and cons of the different options.

About my comprehension, spoken, and written levels:
  • Written and listening comprehension → I can understand extense speeches and conferences, when it is noy clearly structured, and when relationships are not explicitely mentioned. I understand without much effort the programs of television and movies.
    Also I understand long and complex texts, appreciating distinctions of style. I can understand specialized articles and technical instructions more or less.
  • Speaking expression and interaction → I express myself fluently and spontanously. I can use the language with flexibility and efectiveness for social and professional purposes. I formulate ideas and expressions accurately and I relate my interventions effectively with other speakers.
    I can do clear and detailed descriptions on complex topics including other themes, developing concrete ideas and with an appropriate conclusion.
  • Writing skills → I am able to express myself in clear and well structured texts, showing different points of view. I can writte about complex topics in letters and essays, highlightingwhat I consider important. I select the most appropriate style thinking about the readers to whom it is addressed.

Until now I consider I have this competences in English but, of course, I am planning to take up an English course that I left this year to continue developing my knowledges and improve my English. And, also with Valencian, so I am studying to obtain the certificates.



No comments:

Post a Comment